Coach, Director of Affiliate Outreach
As a lifelong athlete and Active Duty Army Officer, I have always had a love for fitness. In 2009, I found CrossFit, and was immediately hooked. What I found interesting were the variations in workouts, the stimulus CrossFit provided me, and the supportive community it encompassed. The more time I spent doing CrossFit, the healthier my lifestyle became –physically, mentally and emotionally. My love for CrossFit, and helping you achieve the healthy lifestyle you aspire to maintain, has returned me to my coaching roots that originated years ago when I both taught and competed nationally and internationally in martial arts.
My Training Philosophy:
Providing you with the direction and the support to assist you in accomplishing things well beyond your perceived capability is the absolute best thing about coaching. For both beginner CrossFitters and those new to the community, my first piece of advice is always check your ego and your intimidation at the door. No one else is looking at and judging what you’re doing – every person in class is focusing on his or her own workout. You’re not in the gym for anyone else but yourself, strive for your personal best. Do it with integrity and you will see results.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana and Chicago, Illinois, 1999
- Juris Doctorate, Chicago Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2005
- United States Army Judge Advocate Basic Course, Charlottesville, Virginia, 2006
- LL.M. Candidate, The Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School, Charlottesville, Virginia, 2015
- CrossFit Level 1
- Level 4 Martial Arts Instructor (4th Degree Black Belt)
- United States Army Combat Lifesaver